Please be advised that a Fire Advisory for the County of Two Hills been issued, effective October 26, 2022 at 12:00 p.m.
This FIRE ADVISORY is in effect for all rural areas in the County of Two Hills, including Hamlets.
Under this advisory:
- Any burning without a valid fire permit is prohibited. A person who wilfully sets an open fire, or any fire not allowed under this order, may be charged under the Forest and Prairie Protection Act. If the person is the owner or occupant of the land on which the fire is set, those costs may be recovered by placing the costs on the tax roll and recovering them in the same manner as taxes.
- Fire Permits will be issued on an inspection basis, having no stubble, brush pile or building permits issued.
- Approved activities include:
- Safe wood campfires
- Back yard fire pits
- Portable propane fire pits
- Charcoal briquette BBQ
- Gas or propane powered appliances (stoves and BBQs)
- Catalytic or Infrared style heaters
Safe wood fire requirements:
- Metal, brick or rock fire rings;
- Must be on a non-combustible surface;
- Have a responsible person(s) in attendance having the fire in control at all times and extinguished before leaving; and,
- Have enough water on hand to extinguish prior to leaving.
Fire Permits are REQUIRED on a YEAR ROUND BASIS for all types of Open Burning. Burning shall be done in compliance with the Forest and Prairie Fire Protection Act and Bylaw No. 3-2001 Fire Protection. Fire permits are subject to Fire Advisory and any further imposed conditions. Fire permits are issued for 10 days at a time. For information on Fire Permits, please click here.
This Fire Advisory will remain in effect until conditions improve.
For inquiries, please call the County Administration Office at 780-657-3358.