A FIRE ADVISORY is issued for the County of Two Hills No. 21 effective September 28th, 2021. The Fire hazard conditions have lessened with increased moisture although conditions remain dry in many areas of the County. Caution is always recommended.
This FIRE ADVISORY is in effect for all rural areas in the County of Two Hills No. 21 including Hamlets within the County of Two Hills 21.
This Fire Advisory:
1. RESCINDS all previously approved fire permits for open burning until further notice.
- The burning of brush piles, windrows or all other open burnings on a case by case basis. A FIRE PERMIT is required and will be provided on a case by case basis only;
- Wood burning campfires in fire rings or other purpose-built, permanent devices designed for containing campfires, within designated campgrounds on public land;
- Wood burning campfires in fire rings or other purpose-built, permanent devices designed for containing campfires, on private land;
- Gas, liquid fuel, or charcoal briquette cooking devices that are CSA approved or UL certified and are designed exclusively for cooking or heating;
- Catalytic or infrared style heaters that are CSA approved or UL certified; and,
- The discharge of fireworks only with an approved Fireworks Permit.
Fire pits should be constructed of non-combustible material and a spark arrester or metal guard should be in place while in use.
To ensure everyone's safety, all fires must always be supervised and completely extinguished when finished.
Please be aware of the current conditions throughout the County; do not light wood-burning, ember-producing fires in windy conditions.
This FIRE ADVISORY will continue until further notice. Fire advisories can escalate into Fire Restrictions or Fire Bans with little notice. For further information and updates, please refer to this website, the County's Facebook page or the Alberta Fire Ban website.
If you have any questions, please contact Gary Dupuis, County of Two Hills Fire Services at (587) 988-8600